Wednesday, March 26, 2014

March 2014 Smalls SAL

This month for my Smalls Stitch-a-Long project I stitched the "pyn log" from Abigail Colby's Work Basket Accessories by Primitive Traditions.  Abigail was a Quaker woman deeply dedicated to her family.  She lived a life of kindness, simplicity, intelligence, orderliness, diligence and piety.  Here are lovely sewing accessories from her work basket:


I stitched mine on Lakeside Linens 40 count vintage luna linen.  I used DMC thread as charted but these pretty items all also charted for Belle Soie and I think I might purchase some for future projects.

The letters are stitched over one!  It seems like my stitching is getting smaller and smaller!

 
I haven't made it up yet but when I do I think I'll try stuffing it with sawdust.  I was given several bags full free from Home Depot.  That was kind of them.


9 comments:

  1. Absolutely Beautiful, Lynne.

    Take Care & Happy Stitchin' .... Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the warm colors that you used for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely work, I love the colours but don´t know if I could work on 40ct as I do most of my work in the evening while watching/listening to the tv. Look forward to seeing this made up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, but these are so very pretty. Such lovely stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynne--thanks so much for your kind comment on my blog! I love this piece and am so impressed at your over one stitching on 40 ct! Wow! It looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 40 count , WOw!
    Your work looks very nice!

    ReplyDelete