Sunday, February 9, 2014

Victorian Ribbons

Purchasing this pattern was a rather marvelous experience:  it is designed by Pelin Tezer, who is Turkish;  I found it and purchased it online and downloaded it from a Swedish shop; and I accomplished this in my pajamas in the middle of the night in Arizona.  People with insomnia can buy all sorts of things from all over the world in the wee hours!

Victorian Ribbons by Pelin Tezer:


I'm stitching on 32 count sage Jobelan with the suggested DMC colors.  I usually stitch on linen so Jobelan is a new experience for me.  It's a cotton and rayon/modal blend that is very soft and drapes well.  I'm thinking I might finish this as a pillow and the Jobelan will work well if I do.  But first I'll need to get over my worries of the dog chewing it up or somebody spilling something on it after all that hard work!  Framing it and hanging it on the wall sounds so much safer.

Here is where I am so far:


 A couple of close-ups:



 

4 comments:

  1. I love this piece, such glorious colours - happy to see you stitching on it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is just lovely! The colours, the design, wow :D I can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely so far, Lynne! By the way, were you aware of the fact that Tezer bey, in addition to his other accomplishments, was a very popular musician in his native Turkey? He had a hit single with his woodwind version of "Saturday Night at the Darktown Strutters' Ball." A man of many parts, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynne l so admire your talent and patience for this very intricate work...what you've done is amazing and the pattern is glorious. Have a wonderful rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete