Monday, February 24, 2014

My First International Hermit & Stitch Weekend

I've discovered some lovely blogs to follow lately.  I stumbled upon International Hermit and Stitch Weekend HERE and was instantly charmed.  The idea is simply, well, to stitch and then report about what was or was not accomplished over the weekend.  The "rules" are so laid back I relaxed just reading them.  The best part is that everyone who participates provides a link to their blog so that means I'll find even more pretty places to see.

I used this new event, that is, new to me, as an excuse for a new start:  "Thirsty Hart" by Heartstring Samplery. 


I'm using the suggested The Gentle Art and Weeks Dye Works flosses but I'm stitching this on 32 count linen, two strands of floss over two threads, instead of the suggested 40 count.  I'm thinking about starting over on 40 count since I'm not too far into it yet.  I'd use one strand of floss instead of two and I think the subtle variations in the colors of the floss would be easier to see.


I hope all my fellow stitchers had a lovely weekend too! 

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous - you have to love the joy of a new start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely start! Looking forward to seeing this one grow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are pretty colors! Hopefully you didn't get too far before deciding to change fabrics. I never joined IHSW because I just do that every day instead!

    ReplyDelete