Wednesday, February 26, 2014

2014 Smalls Stitch-a-Long

I discovered another fun new SAL in my recent blogging adventures HERE.  The idea is to stitch a small project every month.  Think of all the joy!  I have so many long term projects on the go that sometimes I feel a bit overwhelmed.  Little projects give a welcome feeling of quick satisfaction.

This month I stitched The Raven by Barbara Ana Designs.  I used 32 count natural linen instead of the suggested 40 count and stitched an optional border so that it would fit in a 6 inch square frame that is on its way from Etsy.  Unfortunately, the frame didn't quite arrive in time for this post.  I plan to tuck it somewhere in a shelf of books.  The project model is an adorable scissor fob on the higher count without a border and I may stitch that too in the future.




I had so much fun with these bright and cheerful colors!

13 comments:

  1. This ROCKS!!! What a PERFECT project...LOVE this...Happy Wednesday - Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Lynne, I love the bright colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, the colors are bright and cheerful. Nice finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!
    I like Barbara Ana's designs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is fab! wow, 40 count, I think I'd go blind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a beautiful stitching!!
    40 count, I agree with Wendy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty design. I do most of my stitching in the evening and do not think I could manage on a 40 ct, 32 is my limit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute finish.

    Take Care & Happy Stitchin'
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great colors! What a fun project.

    ReplyDelete