Sunday, January 26, 2014

Warm Winter Woolens

A couple of week-ends ago I watched the U.S. Figure Skating Championships so I would be familiar with who my country is sending to the Olympics in Sochi next month.  All of a sudden I was hit with winter fever and had to stitch this little sheep all snuggled up in a ski sweater.  I live in warm and sunny Arizona therefore cold and snowy winters are just a fantasy.  Now I'm really in the mood and I'm looking forward to the winter games!

Here is my start:


Halfway through:


Finished and framed:


This is Warm Winter Woolens by Little House Needleworks stitched on 32 count Lambswool linen using Crescent Colours hand dyed threads.

6 comments:

  1. A "few" weeks work - finished AND framed - amazingly beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so nice!! I love it! And the frame is perfect . I googled Little House Needleworks and they had so many great cross-stitchings. It has been a long time since I cross-stitched but this make me want to do it again. Maybe some day....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog. Your cross stitching is very beautiful♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sure was a quick finish! I agree with you about cold and snowy winters being a fantasy! I'm in Southern California and the closest I get to snow is stitching a snowman design!

    ReplyDelete