Sunday, January 5, 2014

Cross Stitch Antique Style Samplers by Jane Greenoff

Although I love books and have a rather large collection of them, I own relatively few books about cross stitch.  I have a hard time finding books that capture my fancy.  A lovely exception is Cross Stitch Antique Style Samplers by Jane Greenoff.


The basics of cross stitch are covered and an interesting, albeit brief history of samplers is included and then many pretty projects are offered by antique sampler theme.  There are house, alphabet, map, darning, spot motif, red, Berlin Woolwork, Victorian sentiments, and band sampler patterns.  I love how most of them are broken down into smaller related projects of perhaps just a motif or two as well.

The first projects to catch my eye were the red samplers.


My first cross stitch project was made from this book.  It's fun to see how my stitching has evolved.


I think the next project I will choose from this book will be the sampler on the cover.  Ah, it's only finding the time that is difficult!


If you're interested in learning about antique samplers or stitching a charming project, I highly recommend this pretty book.

No comments:

Post a Comment