Tuesday, December 31, 2013

So long 2013! Don't let the door hit you in the ...

What a year!  I had a shockingly painful illness, major surgery, and a sibling pass away.  I thank God for His blessings and know it does me no good to dwell on sorrows but I guess it's human nature to look back today, the last day of the year, and I'm relieved to see this year go.

Needlework and books helped me get through, as always.  I finished two major projects, The Serenity Prayer and Rose Quaker, both started prior to 2013, and My Needle & My Floss, a little project I worked on straight through from beginning to finish.  I'm happy with these accomplishments.

On my Goodreads account I listed 33 books I read this year (not including the many I re-read or gave up on) and gave 3 of those books 5 star ratings.  They are:  Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy,  The Lessons by Naomi Alderman, and The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt.  The novel and hand work are enduring life-long loves of mine and now, with the marvelous audiobook format, I can do both at the same time.

Since I stitch wherever the wind blows me, I don't have any specific plans for 2014 other than to try to stitch everyday and follow my heart.  If I start to feel compulsive about something (very easy for me to do) I hope I'll remember I'm stitching for love and enjoyment.

I hope 2014 will be a wonderful year for stitchers everywhere!    

 

1 comment:

  1. I've lost a sibling, too, over 2 years ago. And she was younger than me. I know what you're going through. Hang in there!
    The Rose Quaker and Serenity Prayer are on my wish list. They are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete