Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A Ball at Netherfield

It's thrilling news when Charles Bingley rents Netherfield Park!  Mr. Bingley possesses a good fortune so he must be in want of a wife.  Things are pretty complicated by the time he holds a ball at Netherfield but don't worry, it all works out wonderfully by the end of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice.

Here is my start on The Stitching Parlor's "A Ball at Netherfield."  I'm using 32ct Wichelt-Permin linen in Lambswool and Crescent Colours floss.  This is my first time using these hand dyed and softly varigated threads and I love them, especially the muted colors in the Cottage Colours collection.

The pattern:


My start:

   

2 comments:

  1. So lovely to see your stitching again Lynne! Being a complete Janeite myself I love this sampler and now have to go and investigate.............

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the opening you wrote as an introduction to this project is sheer poetry. It should be included as a drop leaf with every kit they put together. Elegantly done; good job!

    ReplyDelete