Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I need a break

Pinkie has tired me out. I'm not tired of her, but she did in my hands. The back of my hands, wrists, forearms, and left shoulder hurt. Badly! Yesterday it passed the "ignore" threshold so I reluctantly put her away for awhile. I've loved doing things with my hands all of my life and I just don't want to risk getting some kind of a repetitive stress injury that could stop me cold. I had this problem with hand quilting but this is the first time I've felt it with cross stitch. I'm guessing the tiny size of the fabric and all those fractionals did me in. Today my hands are still sore, but much better, so no permanent harm was done. I'll come back to her after a break. In the meantime I'll be working on Rose Quaker which I've mentioned here before. It's a much more relaxing piece to work on. You've probably noticed I can't simply quit cold turkey for a while.

3 comments:

  1. Take care of yourself, sister!

    How are the hands doing today?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hands are feeling much better, thanks. Now they just hurt a little when I actually use them. Before, they ached even when they were still. Not good. I must admit I spent 12 hours a day stitching a couple of times. I did take breaks to eat. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack! Don't overdo it! It's too risky!

    ReplyDelete