Sunday, May 8, 2011

Too Many Lurking Sources of Inspiration

I can't help it:  everywhere I look I see something that inspires my stitching,

The thing I fell helplessly head-over-heels in love with about the Royal Wedding was the cake.  I was instantly and completely smitten.

I knew I had to stitch an equivalent.  Right now!

I've been on the lookout for a wedding sampler to do for my wedding to my husband (Hey!  It's never too late) and I suddenly knew I had to do something flowery on pure white Belfast linen.  So, I just ordered this Ellen Maurer-Stroh Austrian pattern:


I can't decide if I want to do it in cream, ecru, or beige silk so I ordered one skein of each and I'll see what I like best against the white.

So, thanks to Kate Middleton and her wedding cake inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment