Saturday, April 16, 2011

Yes, I have ADD

I've had a great day stitching on a new sampler and listening to a good book.  Can't ask for more than that.  My new sampler is little, so there's a good chance I'll be actually finishing it in the foreseeable future.  It's the 1859 Anna Thies Sampler and it looks like this:


I got the pattern from Sampler & Antique Needlework Quarterly, Fall 2009 magazine and it was reproduced by Permin of Cophenhagen.

It has the Berlin Woolwork influence I love so much and did previously on a completed sampler.  Yes, I do complete things!

This is only a little bit more than 10" x 10" so there's hope I'll finish it.  I've been wanting to do it since 2009 and I thought it was high time I started.  If you look at my finished work, you'll see I'm absolutely capable of completing long projects.  But for some reason, ever since my husband got sick, my ability to concentrate has been shot.

I love the kitten and the roses and the butterfly and the robin red breast.

I've lost the light to take a progress pic, but I'll take one eventually, when I've got more to show.

No comments:

Post a Comment