Friday, April 1, 2011

Kitschy Coo Part Two

Okay, having never been to the mid-west, except for a couple of awful business trips (no offense, mid-westerners), I had to ask, in regard to my husband's comment on my prior post, "Honey, what in the world are you talking about?"  It seems as if my art education had a woeful gap.  Here she is in all her bloomer glory:



I'm reveling in Pinkie and Blue Boy kitsch!  In fact, I may have to start a collection!







Hey!  It could be worth a fortune someday!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, mercy. In my earlier reply, I said that "Blue Boy" and the portrait called "Pinky" were not kitsch. I was referring to the original paintings themselves. The ghastly bric-a-brac pictured in the above post are indeed kitsch of the highest (i.e., the lowest) order. What's next, Lynne? A day-glo statue of the virgin Mary, standing in an upended bathtub? A lawn jockey? (No, that's unfair: compared to the dreadful curios pictured here, a lawn jockey or a plastic pink flamingo would be worthy of Monticello.) Stop the madness, Lynne. Jane Austen would strap on a pair of stiletto heels and work as a streetwalker before she'd allow this stuff in her home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you kidding? Ms Austen would have killed for my Jane Austen action figure complete with writing desk with removable quill pen! Mr. Darcy sold separately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, we've got quite the variety of little-old-ladies-in-petunias in Canada. I must say, I like the statuettes under the plate (third pic)and the last picture. No kitsch there, imo!

    ReplyDelete