Sunday, March 6, 2011

Finished!

It feels so good to finish something!  This little beauty took longer than I expected because even though it's a bookmark, those are a lot of little stitches.  The design is based on stained glass windows built in the 12th to 14th centuries.

The kit came all the way from Scotland and this time I did my shopping via the internet but one of these days, I'll have to go to Great Britain in person to get more stash.

I took a picture to remember it by because this isn't for me; I made it for a friend.  I've got it posed on my beloved, gorgeous, deluxe, leather bound, scrumptious copy of Pride and Prejudice.  I'll pop the bookmark in the mail tomorrow and hope the recipient knows how much I love her.


Gothic Window Bookmark Kit
Textile Heritage, Scotland

5 comments:

  1. That is absolutely gorgeous! It's amazing how a little bookmark can take so much longer than anticipated, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not good at this chick stuff, but that is really a lovely bookmark. Very classy without being ostentatious.

    It goes a long way toward easing the horror and trauma induced by my first glimpse of Finny's Sainted Mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks y'all!

    Yeah, Finny's sainted mother needs a shave. It's hilarious how much he looks like his mama.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks even more beautiful 'in person'.

    Thank you, love you!

    ReplyDelete