Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Latest Finish

I had to do something quickly because I was bogged in the Slough of Despond; all my projects are so lengthy.  I stitched this up quickly for the thrill of accomplishment.  Pemberley is the name of Mr. Darcy's estate in Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen and yes, I'd rather be there, thank you very much.  The borders are Regency reproduction fabrics and  perhaps would have been at home as waistcoats for Mr. Darcy.

32 count linen, Silk Mori floss, 2 over 2
Pattern by Sampler Girl


4 comments:

  1. I understand that need for the thrill of accomplishment.... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know about needing to complete something: when I was laboring away at my dishtowel, I took a break and whipped off some coasters and mug cozies, just to have some results.

    Now the dishtowel is completed...hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Depression can cause many strange delays. How often have I arisen from my bed of gloom and darkness, started to brush my teeth, and given it up as a lost cause? Getting back to sleep with a toothbrush still in one's mouth is challenging, but it can be done, on those Eeyore days.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. My toothbrush is electric but I imagine it would eventually wind down so I could get some rest.

    ReplyDelete