Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Grim

Not doing well today in my head.  I don't know why today.  We took a trip to the doc to get the stitches out and discuss the oncologist and chemo.  The hospital called to do a follow-up survey on Andy's experience, and he was overwhelmed with emotion and could not speak.  It's hard to listen to my husband cry.  He said he was overwhelmed with gratitude, but it's still hard.  I'm thinking of looking for an American Cancer Society support group for families.  I saw a poster on the wall about their services at the hospital.  I'm not in a good place in my head.  I'm on the elevator going down.  

5 comments:

  1. You've been holding up very well up till now, Lynne. You've had ups and downs, but seem to have bounced back quickly. Now you're both at the next stage with looking at chemo.

    A cancer support group could be a real encouragement. You need people "real-time," as well as your online family. Whatever it positively takes to get you off the elevator before it reaches the bottom floor!

    Praying...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura is correct. Whatever it takes, within reason! Fix your playlist! It's not long enough! Find some more good movies! And certainly find a support group, if one is to be found. Take it easy, sister: and yes, I know that's easy for me to say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying here, sister.

    I've got a story to share with you, but I'll do it by email.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, beloved. I looked online at the American Cancer Society site and while it looks like they have some great programs, the support group part looked pretty weak. But, they do have online support which I might resort to. It would be nice to talk to someone in person, though. I'll ask the oncologist when we see him or her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling less 'grim' today, sister.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete